For MS-Windows users: Setup Microsoft Windows for Unicode, as full Unicode support is required for using Daffodil.
- Development Kit aka SDK or JDK. (Note: Not only the Java Runtime Environment or JRE, you need the full JDK)
Note: you need sbt even if you intend to do development from an IDE like Eclipse. There are things built using sbt that are necessary for the IDE environment.
You can find SBT installation instructions here: http://www.scala-sbt.org/0.13/docs/index.html
- Install Git
- Instructions here: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
- MS Windows Users - you must turn off the "autocrlf" feature. The default that the Windows installer uses WILL NOT WORK.
- The git config file (c:\ProgramData\Git\config) should have "autocrlf = input"
- Obtain Daffodil Source - See Getting Daffodil
- Execute a Preliminary Build to Retrieve Libraries
- Build Daffodil
- Run Daffodil you just Compiled from the Command Line
- Development Workflow