- Download Eclipse. You should download the latest version of Eclipse, which as of this writing is Eclipse Luna Mars that you can download here. Select the Eclipse for RCP and RAP developers download for your system specification.
- Install Eclipse. Unpack the Eclipse zip file, find the folder where you unzipped it, and launch the IDE.
- Select a workspace. The default is fine; however, you may want to consider naming it according to your development project (e.g. ergo-workspace) to distinguish it from other workspaces.
- There are two Eclipse features that you will need to install before proceeding to the next section.
- Go to Help -> Install New Software...
- Where it says Work with: select Luna Mars - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/lunamars
- Expand Modeling and select Graphical Editing Framework GEF SDK and Graphical Editing Framework Zest Visualization Toolkit SDK.
- Click Next, Click Next again, accept the license and Click Finish. After installing the plugins, restart Eclipse when it asks you to do so.