- Software that can be installed on a VM or cluster, typically run on NCSA Nebula, SDSC Cloud, Jetstream OpenStack NDS allocations.
- Always uses Kubernetes (either in single-node or cluster installation) for scalability
- Can run a wide variety of Docker-based applications, including multi-component services with dependencies
- May also run JupyrerJupyter/RStudio and other similar interactive environments
- Distributed storage can be mounted into user environments
- Local authentication or Oauth supported
- Has built-in account registration/approval workflow
- Customizable resources constraints (per-container memory/CPU and per-user storage)