- poorly documented
- by default, searches _all indexed fields
- id, name, creator, parent_of, child_of, description, tags, comments, metadata
- _all will not delve into nested objects by default, so useless for metadata unless user specifies a field as shown below
- general idea was to support basic : notation for being more specific
- for nested objects like metadata, metadata.fieldname notation is required
- example queries:
- "baby carrots"
- metadata.Favorite Fruit:banana
- metadata.Favorite Snack:"baby carrots"
- metadata.Favorite Fruit:banana metadata.Favorite Snack:"baby carrots"
- should we support this kind of notation? to what extent?
- would be nice if the same features were available to both API and search box
/metadata/search (a.k.a. Advanced Search)