IMPORTANT: We are using Eclipse Indigo IDE (version 3.7)
IMPORTANT: We are targeting Scala 2.9.x
- Go to the directory where you extracted the eclipse folder to.
- Open the eclipse folder.
- Locate the eclipse.ini file.
- Right-click eclipse.ini, select Edit.
You'll want to change the contents to look similar to the following:
Save and close the file.
- Run Eclipse
- Pick a place for an eclipse workspace, or use the default workspace location
- IMPORTANT: This workspace location is NOT inside your local git repository directory tree.
- If this is your first time launching this Eclipse installation you'll be presented with a Start-up screen that contains tutorial information.
- In the top right corner there's a button titled 'Workbench'. Click it. This will take you to the Java Perspective.
- From the top menu, click Help -> Install New Software
You will install three things: Scala IDE, XML Support and EGit.