- Follow the directions above in 'Build Daffodil Using SBT'. This needs to happen to generate the 'generated' code.
- Open Eclipse.
- From the Menu select Window → Preferences
- In Preferences select Scala → Compiler
- Under "Additional command line parameters" add the following without quotes: "-language:experimental.macros"
- In the Package Explorer select all of the daffodil projects (click the first project, hold SHIFT, click the last project). Right-click the first project -> Refresh.
- If there are still XML Errors after this you may have to select all daffodil-projects, right click -> Validate.
- From the top menu click Project -> Build Project or just check Project -> Build Automatically.
- Once the project is built you can test by opening 'daffodil-core/src/test/scala/' from the Package Explorer.
- Expand the dsom package and select the TestDsomCompiler.scala file. Right-click the file -> Run As -> JUnit Test
- At this point, all of the tests should have run successfully. If so, you are good to go.
NOTE: If you run into build errors: 'missing required library' etc. Build daffodil-macro-lib first, and then all the other projects. If you have to 'clean-all', then clean all except daffodil-macro-lib.