|Table of Contents|
Getting eclipse to validate DFDL Schemas using its XML validation capabilities requires some configuration. Without this you will get hundreds (at least) of XML and XML Schema validation errors from the daffodil code base.
- Go to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> Linked Resources
- Under 'Defined path variables', click 'New...'
- Enter DAFFODIL_ROOT as the Name
- Enter the path to the daffodil repository in Location
- Click OK twice.
A US install normally doesn't default to a Unicode friendly environment. One of the features of the Scala programming language is that it is completely unicode aware.
- From the Windows Start Menu, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel select Windows Update.
- Here you will want to make sure to show all hidden updates as you will need to install one of them if you haven't already.
- Choose the Japanese language pack. Install it. Reboot
On Linux, UTF-8 and good unicode fonts are the default. Nothing to do here.