Code Contribution Process & Terms of the Ergo Contributors License Agreement
The following document guides you through the Ergo code contribution process and informs you about what end user permissions you grant by providing one or more copies of your code to the Ergo project. It is essential to understand that the Ergo project does not provide its own dedicated software public license but uses the Mozilla Public License, Version 2.0, which is widely known and accepted. If you don't want to contribute under the Mozilla 2.0 license, please contact a firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss your case. We are strongly interested in your work and ideas and may be able to consider another possibility to contribute.
Step 1: Getting your Account
The first step is to obtain an account on the opensource Ergo project. After your account has been granted you are a free member of the Ergo project. To do this, do the following:
- Go to http://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu and sign up for an account. You need to indicate your username in the Ergo Contributors License Agreement.
Step 2: Preparing
- Review the Mozilla Public License, Version 2.0 and the Ergo Contributors License Agreement
- Review Ergo Code Policy
- This policy entails the requirements for your code. Please review your code and make sure that appropriate requirements are met.
Step 3: Decision
After you have reviewed the Mozilla 2.0 license and the Ergo code policy, you need to decide if you want to contribute your code in alignment with the Ergo requirements or if you want to provide your code in another way. If you do not agree to the code policy and / or the Mozilla 2.0 license then please contact a email@example.com to discuss your case. We are strongly interested in your concerns.
- Print and sign the Contributors License Agreement
- If you have any questions or need support with your decision making, contact one of the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send the signed sheet to
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
ERGO Project, ATTN Jong Lee
1205 Clark Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Upon receipt, your documents will be processed immediately and you will receive a confirmation by email. This process step has only to be done once.
Step 4: Contribute your code
- Please find the step by step description here.
|Mozilla License Version 2.0||Link|
|Ergo Contributors License Agreement|
|Ergo Code Policy|