- Please make sure you have JAVA installed on your computer. If you don't, you can download it here: https://java.com/en/download/
- Download the SEAD Uploader jar file : sead2.0.1112.jar.
- For SEAD 1.5 only, request the sead-google.json file by sending an email to SEADdatanet@umich.edu.
- On your computer, open the root directory that contains files and folders you would like to upload to your Project Space in SEAD.
- Put the sead1.2e.jar file and (for 1.5) sead-google.json files in this directory.
- Holding the SHIFT button, right click on your mouse to open a menu. Select the "Open Command Window Here" option.
- Once you have the Command Window open, invoke the SEADUploader by typing the following in the Command Window:
java -cp sead2.0.1112.jar org.sead.acr.client.SEADUploader <-listonly> <-merge> <-limit<X>> <-ex<Y>> <serverUrl> <directories/files list...>
2.0 examples: use of the Uploader creates one Dataset with Folders and Files inside
java -cp sead2.0.1112.jar org.sead.acr.client.SEADUploader -listonly -merge -sead2 https://sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu mydir
Using SEAD's 2.0 instance, check ./mydir and list the Dataset and all Folders and Files that would be created without the -listonly flag
java -cp sead2.0.1112.jar org.sead.acr.client.SEADUploader -merge -sead2 https://sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu mydir
Using SEAD's 2.0 instance, create a 'mydir' Dataset in your account on sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu and create Folders and Files for all contained items. Each File will be annotated with metadata indicating the original path (user metadata: "instanceOf (http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#embodimentOf) with the value /mydir for the mydir directory in this example and /mydir/<relative path> for all Files). Note that if this command is run without the -merge flag, it will create a new Dataset and upload all folders and files again, even if a Dataset already exists from a prior run (which is not usually what you'd want). -merge makes the Uploader check for an existing Dataset and only uploads missing content, or folders/files added to your local directory since the last upload.
java -cp sead2.0.1112.jar org.sead.acr.client.SEADUploader -merge -sead2 -limit100 https://sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu mydir
Using SEAD's 2.0 instance, locate/create a 'mydir' Dataset in your account on sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu and create Folders and Files for the first 100 contained items. Running the command again will add the next 100 items (becasue of the -merge flag it will find/skip the ones already uploaded).
java -cp sead2.0.1112.jar org.sead.acr.client.SEADUploader -merge -sead2 -verify https://sead2.ncsa.illinois.edu mydir
Using SEAD's 2.0 instance, verify that all files previously uploaded to SEAD 2 are exactly the same as those on your disk. Since SEAD 2 currently calculates hash values with a delay, the -verify flag should be added on a second run of the Uploader.