- File > Import > Git > Projects from Git and click Next.
- Select Clone URI and click Next.
- If you haven't yet cloned the repository to your machine, do the following:
- Go to https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/stash/projects/ERGO, login to your account on opensource and select the repository you want to clone (e.g. ergo).
- In the menu on the left side of the page, under Actions, select CLONE and copy the link. It should look something like ssh://email@example.com:7999/ergo/ergo.git for the ergo repository. If you only want read-only access, you can follow these steps, but don't login to opensource.
- Go back Eclipse and paste the link Under Location: URI: for read-only access - https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/stashbitbucket/scm/ergo/ergo.git for for developer access- ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org:7999/ergo/ergo.git
- Under Authentication: User: If you will be contributing source code, you should create a user account at http://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu and specify your username for opensource. If you used the read-only link, you can ignore this part.
- Under Authentication: Password: leave it blank if you are using the read only link, or your password if you are a developer and used the ssh link.
- Click Next.
- Choose the branches you want to clone. For the initial setup, check the box next to master and develop-v1 and click Next.
- Where it says Destination, change the Directory from "/home/user/git/(repository-name)" to "/home/user/ergo-workspace/git/(repository-name)". This assumes you used ergo-workspace as your new workspace, if not, replace ergo-workspace with the name of the workspace you created. The Directory inside the dialog box should look similar to /home/user/ergo-workspace/git/ergo if you are cloning the ergo repository. This will keep your git clones inside the workspace (recommended, but not required). After modifying the Directory field, Click Next. Note: If you use the Browse button to select the location, you will need to browse for your workspace and create a folder inside your workspace folder called git and select the git folder. Either way, your Directory field should show /home/user/ergo-workspace/git/ergo
- Select Import existing projects and click Next
- Uncheck the box Search for nested projects and Click Finish.