There are several JIRA issues in the queue between Great Lakes to Gulf and IMLCZO and we need consensus on how to implement them consistently between the projects.
Group Discussion Items
Standardizing how we store QAQC
- Should we reformat datapoint properties field to have more structure (each field will have a parameter name, numeric value, qa/qc value) or use streams to divide datapoints in streams based on the qa/qc.
- The first case makes it easier to work with the datapoints on the client side (visualization)
- The second case makes it easier to clearly keep the two types separate. See next question.
- What happens when we bin?
- How to handle different enumeration for qa/qc depending on source
- Should we have an API endpoint with metadata about parameters? Centralize definitions by parameters of things like units, qa/qc options
- Download 1 csv with raw data and 1 csv file with metadata (similar to census)
- In case of Ice/Below Dection Limit, should we threat it as QA/QC or some other entry?
- I've created an issue for this discussion: - GEOD-692Getting issue details... STATUS
Sensor Coordinate Issues
- IMLCZO-82Getting issue details... STATUS this issue would provide support for "anonymizing" a sensor's location. In this case, the client has asked if we can show the sensor as a broader area, without showing exactly where it is located.
- Do they want the exact location in the DB stored and anonymize it on the fly until one logs in and downloads the raw data? Or do they want to anonymize the raw data as well?
- Remove certain number of significant digits? then show a circle around that point? Maybe put a radius in the config file?
- As an alternative to circle, can we let the user specify a polygon and then anonymize
- People complain about seeing a marker when it represents a polygon. Aways show the polygon and not a marker in that case.
- If a sensor is moved to a new location, it should be a new sensor entry
- Geometry on streams can be used to track this
After the Group Discussion
Rob Kooper will install samba client
Luigi Marini find credentials
Rob Kooper will setup a clowder vhost and a VM for clowder-extractors
Brock Angelo Look into selenium headless firefox. For example: