Welcome! As a member of an open source community you are empowered to correct any deficiency in the project. If you identify a deficiency in a project, the onus is on you to address the deficiency by making recommendations, writing up the issue(s) in Jira, creating a software fix it, or correcting an error in the documentation, etc... Open source projects provide you with the means and mechanism to remove inadequacies in any part of the project and improve the project. h2. The University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License
The University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License is registered and recognized at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/UoI-NCSA. All software listed on opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu has been contributed by various sponsoring community members, the University of Illinois and NCSA.
Our motivation for open source allows us to:
- engage communities through projects to create solutions for communities whose needs are not met by commercial-off-the-self (COTS) solutions. These needs are as diverse and range from unique solutions, customizations and the cost of running systems or development over time.
- make software innovation more efficient by leveraging existing capabilities and common infrastructures.
- design solutions that are extensible and can evolve with a communities needs.
- share the cost of development across multiple communities.Copyright (c) <Year> <Owner Organization Name>
All rights reserved.
Developed by: <Name of Development Group>
<Name of Institution>
<URL for Development Group/Institution>
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"), to deal with the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
the following conditions:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers
in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
- Neither the names of <Name of Development Group, Name of
Institution>, nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse
or promote products derived from this Software without specific prior
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRIBUTORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS WITH THE SOFTWARE.