Attendees

Discussion items

WhoNotes
Luigi
  • Community page went live
  • Project page
  • Steering Meeting went well this week.  Lots of good collaboration
  • How to involve students, including the core.  Mentoring is crucial to get this project sustainable
  • Documentation in the wiki is key to keep this project.
  • Slack- is it helpful or not?  If we start using Slack to communicate, it may become more comfortable
  • Clowder should have OFFICE HOURS - Luigi will set up a time for this.  If people show up we can be there to answer questions.  Not all need to be there, but if it is running in the background, we can be available to answer questions.
  • Conversation with Max & Todd to socialize Silhouette.
  • Silhouette was heavily inspired by https://github.com/clowder-framework/clowder-framework.github.io/pull/3
  • Showed the catalog to the steering committee and they are excited about this. What do we need to do to list visualizations here?
  • Michael Lambert Isn't this the same as "labels"? Perhaps they could appear both places, but it hasn't been realized yet. Mark Fredricksen will work on where to store this in the database
  • JVM Configuration Options
Mark
  • I've started a blog post, but don't know where to post.  Create a PR and get GitHub to post it
  • Created a PR for AirFlow.  It works, but it's not pretty yet.  I'd like to get the docker approved - it would make merging so much easier
Rob
  • I need to do an iClowder release this afternoon.
  • Need to rebuild extractors. All of the ID's are returned. If we don't update the extractors, they don't return the data we need (or confuses the user)
Mike L.
  • PR for Extractor Maturity features - adds the ability to mark extractors as "Development" / "Staging" / "Production" - made some "helper" functions that may be easier to use.
    • Naming is confusing. Perhaps Staging should be removed
    • Rob Kooper does is make more sense to use alpha/beta/stable? If something is moved to Production, it's not the same as deploying.  Until we get users in front of this, we won't know how well it's received.
    • Normal users should not be using the Dev servers.
  • Reviewed pyClowder PR for Max.
Max
  • 2.0 planning meeting, I am focusing on configuration lookups, Todd looking at using silhouette instead of the older secure social library
  • limited progress on bag ingest due to time off this week
  • some bugfixes for ODM extractor (less verbose, flag for faster processing) and working on new date field indexing in elasticsearch (dates and numeric values)
  • PR request "as Clowder Pull Request" The extractors would use the clowder url (swapping between host and server host).  The last piece is we passed the last extractor and we should be able to merge now.
  • Max will test again before merging
Todd
  • fixed some errors i made on 2.0
  • planning on looking into https://github.com/mohiva/play-silhouette for 2.0
  • guide for student contributors to clowder discussed - assessing what students know, info that would be helpful for them.  Advertise that IntelliJ is free to use.
Bing
  • Working on view logs from the dropdown menu of the Extractor Catalog. Currently trying to parse the response from the Graylog API to display the log messages on a new page, but the "message" field appears to be empty or blank...
  • I have a weird issue in IntelliJ. I'm using Scala plugin, but can't create Scala classes. As a workaround, I can create a raw file then rename it to ".scala". Be sure to download the latest scala file/reinstall the plug-in
Mike B.
  • Context jsonld might be off, but looks ok in dataset.
  • Should be able to load cached jsonld so no need for metadata mapping for EC.
  • Hand entered metadata is searchable, but have api auth problems.
  • Won't need to insert EC metadata in pages as already searchable.
  • Want open instance loaded for search &/or triplestore, incl map io. (geostreams?)
  • Use schema.org
Sandeep
  • Starting with the next set of repositories to make open source - Rokwire, not necessarily related to Safer Illinois app
  • Question about issue resolution in GitHub. Who decides the issue is resolved? The person who created the issue should close the issue when it's fixed?  Could be a developer to close as they are the ones fixing the issue.  It is very social by default
Shannon
  • absent
Lisa
  • Nothing to report. Please read notes carefully as I do not understand most of the terminology.