Beta 2 Sprint 6
As a user, I want a clear visual distinction between objects so that I can easily and quickly tell what kind of object I'm looking at: a Project Space, a dataset, a folder, a collection, or a file.
1. Each object (project space, dataset, collection, folder) has a distinct look using iconography, color, and other style elements. (mockup: new_tile_design_v2.png)
2. Users can quickly distinguish between project space, dataset, and collection home pages. (See attached mockups for spaces-landing-2.png, dataset.png and collection.png)
3. Users can easily identify which object on the page is a project space, which is a dataset, and which is a collection. (example mockup: dashboard.png)
These changes apply to several key areas:
User home page (dashboard):
4. Display Project Spaces first, then datasets, then collections (as shown in attached mockup, dashboard.png). Remove "my" from those headings: it's implied by the fact we're on the user's homepage.
5. Implement the new layout for the tiles (see dashboard.png mockup)
6. Implement new styles for the look of the tiles (see dashboard.png mockup)
Changes for Project Space, Dataset, and Collection Home pages:
7. Display datasets first (for project space and collection home pages only) (see spaces-landing-2.png and collection.png)
8. Implement new styles for tiles and list view (see spaces-landing-2.png, dataset.png and collection.png)
9. Project Space title: Add the project space icon, add a color bar as a background, and place the title over the top banner image. (see spaces-landing-2.png)
10. Dataset and Collection titles: Add icons and add a color bar as a background. (see dataset.png and collection.png)
Search Results Page
11. Implement the new tile design on the search results page, replacing existing formats for displaying files, datasets and collections (see attached file search.png)
12. Add borders between the columns (files, datasets and collections).