The Geosemantics framework skeleton consists of two components:
- Services framework to include the services and their related components. Play framework (https://www.playframework.com/) is used to create the services framework.
- Standard Names wiki (SNW) to annotate SN and allow the crosswalks between them. Semantic Media Wiki (https://semantic-mediawiki.org/) is used to create the wiki system.
A- Services Framework:-
It consists of three layers:
It uses JenaTDB to develop a graph database to store ontologies and Standard Names.
Reasoner: ECGS-19 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- It validates the categories and datatypes of the SN stored in the Knowledge-base.
- Pellet reasoner will be used but, we can add more reasoners such as KAON2
Semantic processor: ECGS-21 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- It identifies semantic similarity and matching between resources (semantic search for SN, matching between models and data, matching between models)
- A resources matchmaker script is required
- It provides semantic mediation between SN based on SKOS standards
- SPARQL query
Logic ingestion: ECGS-22 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Bulk upload of SN to the SNW
- Grouping of SN and identification of the crosswalks to create the Linked Vocabularies network
- Annotation of a SN in its original schema.
Registrar: ECGS-20 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- It is a catalog for storing information about external resources including services, data, models, and SN (e.g. the database of Geosoft)
- It provides a form to register a new resource
Semantic Annotation Service (SAS):
- It contains five functions, each function needs to be linked with specific standard
- Spatial Annotation: It connects to the GML standards to bring predicates and objects associated with a specific geometric shape (http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/gml) ECGS-36 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Temporal Annotation: Same as above but using predicates and objects from the time ontology(http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/) ECGS-25 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Standard Names Annotation: It brings an object from the related stand name schema (e.g. CSDMS standard names ontology) ECGS-26 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Provenance Annotation: It connects with provenance ontology to annotate simulation results (http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/) ECGS-28 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Statistical data Annotation: it uses predicates and objects from RDF Data Cube Vocabulary to annotate statistical data (http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-data-cube/) ECGS-29 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Encapsulated annotation: Similar to the SNA but this function needs to be connected with our triple store to bring the attributes of a SN, such as units.
Getting issue details...
Resources Alignment Service (RAS):
- It checks the consistency of the attributes of quantities exchanged between two resources (model and/or data)
- Variable names: It finds synonymous of a SN using SKOS or NGram ECGS-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Unit conversion: converts units of exchanged items based on SWEET unit ontology and NetCDF unit schema. SWEET is used to address URL-based units and NetCDF is used to address string-based ECGS-32 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Temporal Alignment: This function can do the temporal alignment between two variables using CSDMS and OpenMI external packages ECGS-35 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Spatial Alignment: same as above but for spatial attributes of two variables ECGS-36 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Variable Type: This function checks the type of variables and can do conversion (e.g. string to float) ECGS-33 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- File Type: Same as above but for the text-based files (RAS/FT). It may call the Brown Dog service to convert file types
Getting issue details...
Knowledge Discovery Service (KDS):
- Searches resources: it searches Clowder for resources. This function needs to add more search functions in the Cloweder API such as search by metadata and spatial predicates ECGS-42 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Finds a resource graph: It searches in the registered database for data and models that are related to a specific resource ECGS-43 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Data Networks: It pragmatically aggregates data around environmental events ECGS-44 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Model to Model annotation: It annotates models that can be coupled together based on their attributes ECGS-45 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Model to Data: It identifies serviced models that can run on a specific data and annotate and assemble the related data that are required to complete a simulation
Getting issue details...
Knowledge Integration Service (KIS):
- It is internal service to collect vocabularies from the SNW and recommend relationships between controlled vocabularies
- Imports annotated SN from the Wiki: This function imports the attributes that are associated with a SN in the wiki database (Fusaki) and store them in the JenaTDB ECGS-38 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Updates the wiki with relationships between SN: This function return grouped and linked Standard Names based on their attributes and update pages that are associated with the related SNs. ECGS-39 - Getting issue details... STATUS
Ingests SN Thesaurus: Convert SN in an ontology to a wiki page ECGS-40 - Getting issue details... STATUS
B- Standard Names Wiki (SNW):-
- It has three levels of annotation: Primary, Secondary, and Inferred annotations as shown in the below figure
- The annotation is implemented in a SN annotation wiki template