- Python is installed on your computer. This document is based on Python 2.7, but it will soon be updated for Python 3 as the former is nearing its end of life.
- Docker is installed on your computer. You can download and install Docker from https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop.
- You already have a piece of code written in Python that can process a file and generate metadata. Optionally, this can also be used if you have a command-line program written in another programming language, which can be invoked from Python.
- The extractor that you are trying to create will only generate metadata in JSON format and/or a file preview.
- Your code has been tested and does what it is supposed to do.
Your extractor will contain several files. The ones that will be used by the Simple Extractor Wrapper are listed below. The instructions below will help you to create these files: