- New to Kubernetes? Check https://kubernetes.io/docs/home/ and https://www.katacoda.com/courses/kubernetes
- Checkout the Helm charts https://github.com/ncsa/charts/tree/master/ncsa/clowder
- Docker for Mac comes with Kubernetes (client and server). Enable it under Preferences. It is not enabled by default.
- Install https://helm.sh/
- Install https://github.com/ahmetb/kubectx to simplify managing contexts.
- Also install kubens, kubectx, and kube-ps1
For NCSA users who have access to it.
- Get your config and credentials here https://gonzo-rancher.ncsa.illinois.edu/
- You can use this script to merge configs or keep them separate and switch between them by setting the env variable `KUBECONTROL`
- If kubectx is installed, you can switch contexts using kubectx commmand.
Deploying on Local
- Install helm charts `helm repo add ncsa https://opensource.ncsa.illinois.edu/charts/`
- Make sure they are updated `helm repo update`