The signup process to use IMLCZO Clowder may need to be improved.
Currently, these are the steps for a User creating a new account:
- User submits their email address on the website Signup page.
- User receives an email indicating to click a link and complete the registration process.
- User completes the registration processes via the provided email link.
- User sees a screen indicating that they can now login. They also receive a second email indicating that the account is ready, and that they can now login.
- User uses their login information, and is informed that their account needs to be activated by an administrator.
- User receives a third email (from a different sender than the first two emails) indicating that their account is enabled, and they can now login.
- User is able to login successfully via the link provided in the email.
: If the User waits long enough after Step 4 (I am not sure how long), they may receive the enabled email (mentioned in Step 6) before trying to login, in which case they may not see the message about needing to be activated by an administrator.
It may be confusing for the User as the second email, and the screen displayed, both imply that the login is activated; this is not true, and the User must be activated before they can use the system.