The purpose of this ticket is to create a slightly customized UI to deploy onto the EarthCube instance of Workbench.
- Fork the ndslabs repository via github web (if you haven't already)
- Clone your forked repository to your local machine (if you haven't already)
- Checkout master and create a new branch from it called earthcube
- Alter any aspects of the UI that the stakeholders desire, for example:
- Change links in the Help dropdown on the navbar to point to relevant documentation by editing app.js / navbar.html / landing.html
- Update the brand colors by modifying or replacing theme.min.css
- Change product name and info link in app.js
- Update brand logos in navbar.html
- Add a "Powered by Labs Workbench" link to the footer (as seen here and here)
- Push the new branch to github for review
This ticket is complete when we have a customized UI for the EarthCube Workbench with the stakeholders are satisfied.
To test the UI drop-in:
The ndslabs/webui Docker image provides environment variables allowing the user to override various aspects of the user interface upon startup.
- SSH into the Master node of the EarthCube workbench (to be deployed by
- Bring down the existing webui container
- kubectl delete -f /tmp/ndslabs-webui.yaml
- Update the environment variables located at /tmp/ndslabs-webui.yaml to read:
- Launch the webui again with the new parameters you just edited:
- kubectl create -f /tmp/ndslabs-webui.yaml
- Once the webui comes back up, verify that everything looks as you expect by navigating to the UI in your browser