Once we have determined which of these services can be added to the Workbench catalog, we will need to create a custom catalog for the EarthCube instance consisting of only those target services.
- Fork the nds-org/ndslabs-specs repository (if you haven't already)
- Clone the repo to your local machine (if you haven't already)
- Create a new branch from master called earthcube
- Prune all undesired services... as far as we can tell, this means delete the specs for all services besides the 5 listed for
- Push the new branch to github for testing
This ticket is complete when the EarthCube instance has an uncluttered catalog consisting of only the 5 services that they plan to use for the workshop.
To test the customized spec catalog:
The ndslabs/apiserver Docker image provides environment variables allowing the user to override the list of specs that are imported on startup:
- SSH into the Master node of the EarthCube workbench (to be deployed by
- Bring down the existing apiserver container
- kubectl delete -f /tmp/ndslabs-apiserver.yaml
- Update the environment variables located at /tmp/ndslabs-apiserver.yaml to read:
- Launch the apiserver again with the new parameters you just edited:
- kubectl create -f /tmp/ndslabs-apiserver.yaml
- Once the apiserver comes back up, verify that everything looks as you expect by navigating to the UI in your browser