What I would suggest as requirements/functionality:
- On the Admin/Customize page have a checkbox for allowing types (Showing them on the ui)
If the type is enabled:
- Add a managing dataset types per instance (Clowder) or per space page. A page similar to the metadata definitions page.
- If it is per instance, add it to the admin dropdown
- If it is per space, add a button below the customize metadata terms and definitions
Note: I prefer for it to be per instance, and only admins of the Clowder instance can add possible types.
- On Create a dataset a dropdown with the types for the instance show up.
- The type would be listed on the dataset page below created on
- There will be an edit button near the type which shows on hover. When clicked a drop down with the options for the space/instance show up
- Add the type of dataset as an option in the search functionality. (i.e /datasets?type=bridges)
I am tagging people so they can provide some feedback: Luigi Marini, Rob Kooper, Jong Lee, Christopher Navarro, Maxwell Burnette.